Network Operations Engineer
Network Operations Engineer
Eurovision Services (ES) is the premier service provider of news, sports and cultural content for the world's top broadcast and media platforms.
The Global Operations & Engineering (Ops & Eng) department is the central point of contact for all customers receiving operational services from Eurovision, coordinating the management of requirements and delivery for all events, transmission and media services between broadcasters, Members, federations and Host Broadcasters.
The Operations team is responsible for delivering high quality technical solutions and achieving ambitious operational objectives, implementing quality reliable delivery solutions, in order to provide outstanding value and services for our customers, while managing costs to generate a profitable margin.
The NOC is composed of two units: Digital Media Centre (DMS) and EuroVision Control (EVC). NOC is the global delivery service in charge of all type of transmissions through radio, video, data and digital platforms.
EVC unit is the central point for the delivery of all transmission and media on the network to Eurovision Media Services customers. EVC forms the most important interface to Eurovision Services clients, with regards to the service delivery of transmissions.
Working directly with customers the Network Operations Engineer is responsible for ensuring the coordination and execution of all signals distributed on Eurovision's network to the highest possible standards of reliability and quality.
The Network Operations Engineer is responsible, in coordination and cooperation's with engineers across the network, of the set-up and coordination of the transmissions in real time. Contributing significantly to the smooth running of services across the ES network, and to the highest quality demanded by the customers of Eurovision Services.
- Qualifications: Masters Degree: Technical/Engineering
- Languages: Excellent written and spoken English and French. Other language a plus.
- Professional Skills and Experiences: 5+ Years of experience working in an international broadcast environment.
- Flexibility in working hours, including weekends and evening shifts
- Ability to work on multiple production tasks efficiently in time critical situations.
- A striving to achieve high product quality standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers during operations.
- Attention to detail required for the success of complex production processes.
- Troubleshooting problems to their resolution, escalating issues and recommendations to the product management team.
- Learning new production techniques and processes quickly and thoroughly.
- Committed team player, excellent collaboration skills
- Proven experience with broadcast systems: Satellite communications, Fibre, Streaming.
- Proven experience with MPEG compression and multiplexing, DVB-ASI, DVB-IP
- Proven experience with signal switching and processing. ASI/SDI matrix, standard conversion, monitoring systems, quality assurance of video signals and able to identify anomalies.
- Strong computer skills. Networking, streaming, first line maintenance.
- Project management experience desired.
|How to apply|