Translator / Editor
Translator / Editor
Founded in 1904, the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) is an independent association with over 110 National Federations throughout the world. Recognised as the sole competent authority in motorcycle sport by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), the FIM is the worldwide governing body for motorcycle sport and the global advocate for motorcycling. Owner of some 50 World Championships (e.g., MotoGP) organised every year, the FIM works for the benefit of the sport and all its stakeholders.
For its Administration in Mies, the FIM is looking for a Translator/Editor who will provide linguistic and editorial support for all the FIM’s Departments.
Purpose of the job:
The role of the Translator/Editor is to help the FIM produce high-quality documents in English and French (e.g. minutes and correspondence, legal and administrative documents, and editorial content for FIM communication).
- Taking, drafting and translating minutes of FIM Board Meetings (4x/year) and FIM General Assembly Meeting (1x/year) in English and French (Precis writing)
- Translating, editing and proofreading correspondance and other documents as required
- Updating the FIM Regulations and other official documents for publication
- Drafting content in English and French for the FIM’s various communications platforms
- Developing and updating the FIM’s glossaries and contributing to define and develop the FIM’s writing style
- Working with outside language-service providers where necessary.
PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE - Competencies required
- Excellent drafting, proofreading and editing skills in both English and French, other languages an asset
- Translation skills (French to English and vice versa)
- Very good MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and advanced Internet user skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and understand priorities
- Sense of responsibility and confidentiality, discretion
- Proactivity, flexibility (1 to 2 week-ends work/year) and autonomy
- Familiarity with CAT (computer aided translation) tools and project management skills would be an asset.
- English mother tongue essential, excellent French (ideally bilingual English-French), other languages an asset
- Proven track record in editing, proofreading, translating (minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a similar position in an international environment)
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a relevant field (e.g. Modern Languages (French), English, Translation, Journalism or similar).
The FIM is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? Please send us your complete job application (including motivation letter, CV, salary expectations and copies of your work references and diplomas) through the Job-Up platform exclusively.
Further information or questions may be sent directly by email to the Human Resources Manager at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that during the hiring process you may be required to take a practical test.
We would be delighted to receive your application.
CVs not corresponding to the above requirements will not be considered or receive a reply.
|Company||Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme|
|Location||Mies (VD), Switzerland|
|How to apply|