Latest news & views
THE SPOT: Leaving outdated ideas at the door
PRESS RELEASE: 16 April 2018
If there’s one thing you need to know about THE SPOT before the event, it’s that it won’t be ordinary.
At any given moment during THE SPOT you could find yourself in a conversation with a Nobel Peace Prize Winner or an eSport athlete, piloting a drone or a virtual bobsleigh, or voting for the company of your choice in a battle between start-ups.
And that’s just the start of it!
With only a month to go until THE SPOT, a pioneering new event from 15 to 16 May 2018 that aims to galvanise innovation in sport, ThinkSport has revealed some of the out-of-the-box experiences participants can expect from the first event of its kind in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Testing your skills at the Demo Zone, where you can simulate the experience of a Formula-1 driver or bobsledder, pilot a drone, become an eSport athlete and experience virtual reality technology at its best!
- Being wowed by the cutting-edge technologies and innovative thinking of visionary companies, start-ups and academics in the Market Place. Discover new solutions in fields like data analytics, digital broadcasting, equipment and wearables, materials designs, nutrition, and more.
- Watching innovative young companies go toe to toe in a Start-up Battle where your vote will go toward crowning a champion from among the 40 entrepreneurs specialising in blockchain, virtual reality, data analytics, connected venue, performance & health and other fields. Investors, experts from International Sports Federations, and business leaders will also be on hand as scrutineers for each of the 3-minute pitches.
- Meeting Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus, President Barak Obama’s former head of cybersecurity Dr. Earl Crane, leading eSport athlete Michael Journot and Logitech’s Head of Sport and Human Performance Andy Walshe. And those are just a few of the many fascinating speakers ThinkSport has lined up for the conference and talk back sessions.
- Sharing best practices or simply small talk with a wide range of experts from various fields related to sport and innovation, including through pre-scheduled meetings via the Delegate App or in the dedicated lounge areas.
- Discovering Gotham, Lausanne’s biggest co-working space that is populated by creative minds, at an exclusive networking event for all delegates on the first evening.
THE SPOT will be anything but your run-of-the-mill convention. The SwissTech Convention Center will be transformed into an open space with a dynamic atmosphere, where participants will be exposed to a wide range of content and experiences all happening at the same time. In a modern and industrial setting, delegates will be able to draw inspiration from many innovative people, ideas, products and best practices. Free beverages and lunches will be available to fuel participants’ minds on both days.
Haven’t signed up yet? Then we invite you to join our merry gang of innovation spotters and makers by registering here. See you next month!
Check out www.thespot2018.org.
PR 11 December 2017: ThinkSport to galvanise innovation in sport with ground-breaking new international event: The SPOT
PR 30 January 2018: The SPOT hits the mark with exceptional list of speakers and innovative programme
PR 15 February 2018: The SPOT to boost start-ups in sports industry
PR 22 March 2018: Conference programme, more world-class speakers announced for The SPOT
PR 16 April 2018: THE SPOT: Leaving outdated ideas at the door