Latest news & views
Check out the “FootballCan 2041” innovation challenge!
Banco Santander and the Global Sports Innovation Center (GSIC) by Microsoft have teamed up to launch an innovation challenge, which aims to find technological solutions to make football better for everyone, with fairness, accessibility and sustainability at its heart. 2041 is a look into the future, imagining how football should look like in 20 years from now.
In particular, this Challenge aims to identify the most promising technological solutions that:
- promote initiatives that ensure more accessible, inclusive, and environmentally friendly events for football fans; or
- develop new experiences in football events and improve the fan experience to have a positive social impact; or
- extend Field’s scope and improve its capabilities. This device was created by GSIC in 2019, allowing people with visual impairments to experience football as they have never done before.
Participants can leverage technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain, Augmented & Virtual Reality or Internet of Things to present initiatives, experiences and/or technological solutions that have a real and tangible impact by improving people’s and society’s lives in the following areas:
- Inclusion: solutions to improve the experience of vulnerable groups at risk of social, economic, or cultural exclusion, and educational solutions linked to football.
- Diversity: solutions that promote equality in football, regardless of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or nationality.
- Sustainability: solutions to help professional football be more responsible with climate change and a sustainable management of energy and resources.
Deadline for applications is 18 April.
The best three projects will receive the following recognitions:
- 10.000 € in cash according to the applicable tax legislation in force. If any of the selected projects can also apply its technology to improve Fieeld’s capabilities, they will receive an extra 5.000 € recognition, according to the applicable tax legislation in force.
- One-year of free membership to the Global Sports Innovation Centre powered by
- Mentoring and implementation of a pilot project valued at 10.000 €
Click here to learn more about the conditions for participation and the selection process.
ThinkSport is officially supporting and promoting this challenge to encourage start-ups in its ecosystem to take part.Back