Latest news & views
Early bird tickets for THE SPOT available now!
ThinkSport reveals more speakers and event details.
The second edition of THE SPOT, set to become your top out-of-office experience in 2019, will bring together plenty of talent, original ideas and fresh solutions from both inside and outside the sports industry. ThinkSport’s thrilling sport and innovation event will be back from 28 to 29 May 2019 at the SwissTech Convention Center in Lausanne, Switzerland. After the successful, sold-out inaugural edition last year, it is now time to secure your place for this year’s adventure at an advantageous rate.
Click here to get your early bird ticket.
With four months to go to THE SPOT, ThinkSport reveals more brilliant speakers:
- Lucien Boyer chief marketing officer at Vivendi and chairman of the Global Sports Week Paris;
- Dr. Caecilia Charbonnier, founder of and president and research director at Artanim; and
- Motasem El Bawab, manager digital products and operations at FIBA.
The three join a group of other confirmed, thought leaders coming to THE SPOT and announced last month, including Kim Blair, senior manager at Exponent, Inc. and former MIT Sports Innovation Programme founder; Benjamin Penkert, founder of SportsTechX & head of consulting at leAD Sports; Anna Rozwandowicz, co-founder of The Story Mob; Ian Smith, integrity commissioner at Esports Integrity Coalition (ESIC); and Mounir Zok, co-founder and managing director at N3XT Sports.
In an open space with a dynamic atmosphere, THE SPOT will expose you to a wide range of content and experiences all happening at the same time:
- at the Marketplace and the Demo Zone, you will be able to present and discover new products and solutions with changing stands every day;
- a conference and workshops in untraditional formats will connect you with pioneers in innovation and generate unique conversations;
- about 80 young companies will go toe-to-toe in a two-day start-up battle in front of investors and where your vote will go toward crowning the ultimate champion; and
- numerous networking opportunities will provide you with opportunities for new cross-sector partnerships and projects.
This year’s conference topics are:
- Athletes: Expanding the physical and psychological potential of the human athlete;
- Industry: Driving the creation and development of new materials, products & business models;
- Society: The social impact of sports innovation and evolving lifestyles;
- Entertainment: The revolution(s) in sports entertainment and fan engagement
Stay curious, adventurous and open to fresh ideas in 2019!
Special packages for start-ups will be launched in February. Media are invited to attend free of charge, click here to learn more.
The international event is being organised jointly by ThinkSport, the SwissTech Convention Center, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), the University of Lausanne (UNIL) and the Canton of Vaud.Back