Latest news & views
Only 1 month to go to Sport Future Rendez-Vous, it’s time to register!
The 2023 edition of Sport Future Rendez-Vous will bring together experts who will address the pressing topic of gender-based violence in sport from different angles. The annual event, to take place on 28 September in Lausanne (Switzerland), is jointly organised by ThinkSport and the University of Lausanne (UNIL).
The expert panel will discuss important topics such as:
- current policies of sports organisations to prevent and address gender-based violence;
- best practices and lessons learned through case studies;
- importance of education, awareness, and training to promote a safe and inclusive sporting environment;
- the need to develop strategies for collaboration between sports organisations, governments, and NGOs to end gender-based violence in sports; and
- the protection of vulnerable populations in sport.
Meet and discuss with the following thought leaders:
- Kirsty Burrows, Head of Safe Sport Unit, International Olympic Committee
- Ashley Ehlert, Deputy General Secretary, Legal Director of the International Ice Hockey Federation
- Lombe Mwambwa, Research Director, Global Observatory for Gender Equality & Sport
- Tine Vertommen, Criminologist
The round table discussion will be followed by an exchange with the audience. The main language of the meeting will be English; however questions can also be posed in FrenchBack